On this Page
Different Types of TV Boxes
Best TV Box Reviews
Android TV Boxes
TV Box Buying Guides
Operating Systems of TV Box
Updating a TV Box
TV Box Reviews
TV Box Information and Reviews
Why A TV Box?
After a tiring day at work, no one wants to browse through the same old annoying stuff on television. The introduction of TV boxes has wholly changed the viewing experience for users with more advanced and incredible innovations.
A TV box is a device that connects to a TV for allowing access to TV shows, movies, games, live channels, and much more. With the help of such a device, you can read the news, surf the internet, send emails, and browse social media accounts and a host of other activities as well. Are you thinking of purchasing a TV box, but confused about how to choose the right one? Well, fret not as we are here to provide you with detailed insight into the world of TV boxes and the essential factors to consider during your search process.
Essential Features Of A TV Box
If you are planning to purchase a TV box, you must consider the following features that will help you to make an informed decision –
- Operating System – The latest version of the OS for excellent performance and optimization.
- Storage – Unless you are an avid gamer, go for the basic storage option.
- Memory – The more the memory, the better it is, but with an upper cap of 4 GB.
- Ports – If you want to have a 60FPS viewing experience, HDMI 2.0 is a must. For streaming videos from an external hard disk or USB flash drive, a TV box with USB 3.0 should be chosen.
- Resolution – High resolution is necessary for streaming HD videos. 4K resolution is a must for streaming videos of 1080p or above.
- Dynamic Refresh Rate – For gamers, selecting the appropriate dynamic refresh rate is a must for ensuring a seamless video output.
- Google Play Store – It is recommended to ensure this feature on a TV box unless you want to take the hassles of installing apps directly from Google.
The list is just inclusive as a TV box has a plethora of features that need consideration for making an informed decision.
What Should You Not Avoid?
- Through our detailed review, you should not skimp the following –
- The TV box should compulsorily be of Android 6 or 7 version – Unless you are still stuck with the first model of smartphone, there is no reason to settle for a TV box that runs on Android 5.
- Generic TV boxes are a strict no-no – IF a company cannot put its name on the product, you can realize how much they trust their product.
- Don’t fall for a low price third party supplier – If you are buying a TV box from any third-party supplier, remember that you are merely throwing away your money.
- If the name is “Rockship” or “Allwinner” just skip it – These suppliers are known to copy their development code from other companies.
- Check for custom launcher on your TV box – The most important of all is that the product must be easy to use.
What Do You Get To Know From Us?
By following our detailed review of a TV box, you get to know about the following –
- Firmware updates
- Performance component
- Forum support
- Over-the-Air upgrades
- After-sales support
TV Box Buying Guides, Information, and Reviews
Even with the rise of various streaming services such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc., Television...
Android TV boxes are gaining popularity. They are a disruptive technology having shaken up an...
This is an era of technology. Even your entertainment has been taken over by technology be it...
Got something to share about the content on this page? Please contact TVGeek!